Tuesday, March 29, 2011

New Book Deal in the Works


This is exciting news. My current text book "Interpretive Master Planning" which was published by Acorn Naturalists, just went "out of print", as Acorn wanted to get out of the publishing business. I have been looking for a new publisher, and as chance would have it, found a great one. MuseumEtc - (http://museumsetc.com/) located in Edinburgh, Scotland is going to publish the new "revised edition"of my book. The revised edition has several changes in it including new photographs and planning examples. In addition, I have many articles I have written on interpretation that they are interested in publishing as well, including some of my Interpretive Graphic Standards documents, and new concepts for interpretive planning. So we are looking at a two volume set:

Volume 1: Interpretive Master Planning - Strategies for the New Millennium.
Volume 2: Interpretive Master Planning - Interpretive Philosophy, Theory and Practice Updates

We are working on the details now and may have the two volumes available by mid summer 2011. Details will be posted at my web site: www.heritageinterp.com.

Check out the MuseumEtc. web site for their current book selections.

That's it for now. Still waiting for Spring.
JV

No comments:

Post a Comment